GALLERY: Road closed after lorry carrying 20 tonnes of potatoes topples into field
- Credit: Archant
A lorry carrying 20 tonnes of potatoes came off a Fenland road and ended up on its side in a field this morning.
The driver escaped unharmed when the Sainsbury's lorry veered off the B0193 near Doddington and dropped several metres into a field at about 5.30am.
Police have closed the road so the lorry can be recovered from the muddy field using cranes.
Sainsbury's have sent another lorry with a team of six workers to retrieve the potatoes.
The road is expected to be closed at the junction of Doddington Clock Tower, allowing access to the hospital only, for most of the day.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion has been set up via Doddington Road, Forty Foot Bank, Benwick and Whittlesey.
Police are investigating the possibility that another vehicle was involved in the incident and then left the scene.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146