Further flood warnings issues across Norfolk following tidal surge
- Credit: Picture: Environmental Agency
Following yesterday's tidal surge which threatened parts of the region, two further warnings have been issued, this time concerning the River Bure.
Several towns and villages on the banks of the Bure have been warned to expect flooding, with riverside properties particularly at risk.
Riverside and rural properties in the following locations are affected:
• Cargate Green
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
• Pilson Green
• South Walsham
• West Caister
The following roads may also be affected; the A47, A1064, A1062, A1151 and Acle Bridge, as well as the railway line at Wroxham.
High tide is due at Great Yarmouth at 10.15pm, with the Environment Agency continuing to monitor the situation and work alongside the Met Office and local authorities.