Furniture installer Richard Sowerbutts died after getting involved in altercation, Norwich inquest hears
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A furniture installer died just days after he was involved in an altercation, an inquest heard.
Richard Sowerbutts was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after suffering a head injury on Friday, October 13.
The 39-year-old, from Chorley in Lancashire, died four days later on October 17.
His medical cause of death was given as a head injury.
At the opening of his inquest in Norwich on Friday, assistant coroner Johanna Thompson said: 'The circumstances are that on Friday 13 October, Mr Sowerbutts was involved in an altercation which resulted in him falling to the ground.'
She added that a police investigation was underway.
An inquest review hearing is due to take place on January 26, 2018.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite
Norfolk Police said the altercation happened in the car park of Broadland Business Park at around 11.15pm.
Officers were called to the scene around 10 minutes later to reports that a man had collapsed
A man is his 30s was arrested, but has since been released under investigation.