Furniture installer Richard Sowerbutts died after getting involved in altercation, Norwich inquest hears
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A furniture installer died just days after he was involved in an altercation, an inquest heard.
Richard Sowerbutts was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after suffering a head injury on Friday, October 13.
The 39-year-old, from Chorley in Lancashire, died four days later on October 17.
His medical cause of death was given as a head injury.
At the opening of his inquest in Norwich on Friday, assistant coroner Johanna Thompson said: 'The circumstances are that on Friday 13 October, Mr Sowerbutts was involved in an altercation which resulted in him falling to the ground.'
You may also want to watch:
She added that a police investigation was underway.
An inquest review hearing is due to take place on January 26, 2018.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Norfolk Police said the altercation happened in the car park of Broadland Business Park at around 11.15pm.
Officers were called to the scene around 10 minutes later to reports that a man had collapsed
A man is his 30s was arrested, but has since been released under investigation.