Funeral firm launches £10,000 charity fund-raising challenge to mark decade of business
- Credit: Archant
An independent funeral firm which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year aims to mark the milestone by raising £10,000 for local charities.
Rosedale Funeral Home was launched in Diss and now has five further homes in Attleborough, Beccles, Bungay, Halesworth and Wymondham.
The campaign has already begun well with a bingo night which attracted 200 people and raised £1,250 for Wymondham-based cancer support charity Star Throwers late last year.
Derrick Leeder, one of Rosedale's founding funeral directors, said: 'It doesn't seem possible that 10 years have passed already. We have been involved in our local community right from the beginning, when we started donating books for bereaved children to local schools and organised a memorial Christmas tree in Diss Church.
'We thought it would be nice to do something really special to mark our 10th anniversary, and this challenge seemed to fit the bill. Ideally we would like to carry out at least one major event in each of the six communities that we serve.'
You may also want to watch:
The firm has organised a Charity Golf Day at Bungay and Waveney Golf Club on Friday, April 4 in aid of the Norwich and Norfolk Association for the Blind and now wants to hear from other local charities that would like to challenge Rosedale to help organise an event.
The company has also launched a 'My 10 days' scheme enabling staff to apply for an additional 10 days' annual leave to spend doing something worthwhile, such as volunteering or fund-raising.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
For more information contact Pippa Hardie on 01379 640810, or email email@example.com