Funeral date announced for Great Yarmouth boxer who died during first bout
- Credit: Picture: Magdalena Moczyk
A memorial mass will be held for a young boxer who died after his first fight.
Jakub Moczyk, known to his friends and family as Kuba, died on November 21 - two days after he was knocked unconscious by a single punch during the final round of the bout at the Atlantis Arena in Great Yarmouth.
The mass will be at St Mary's Church, Regent Road, Yarmouth, on December 8 at 10am.
This will be before the family go to pay their last respects at Gorleston Crematorium.
In a Facebook message to the Mercury, his twin sister, Magdalena said: 'A life so beautifully lived, deserves to be beautifully remembered.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Anyone who knew and love Kuba Moczyk, please join us on that day to say our final goodbyes to our Kubus.
'We would also like to express our sincere gratitude to all those supporting us during this heartbreaking time.' An inquest held earlier this week heard that Jakub had died of a traumatic brain injury.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?