Fundraising events will boost Somerleyton Village Hall
- Credit: Archant © 2007
A fundraiser has organised a craft fair to boost funds for the village hall in her community.
Deirde Smith has organised the craft fair at Somerleyton Village Hall on Monday, May 29 between 10am and 3pm.
So far there are 15 stalls that have been booked in at the event, which is the second of three fundraising events she has set up in aid of the hall.
A previous table top sale raised £200 for the hall and the third event will be an art exhibition at the village hall on July 8 between 11am and 3pm. It is the same day as the village school fete.
Mrs Smith decided to fundraise again this year after an art exhibition at the hall last year raised funds for the RSPCA and Dogs Abroad.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The hall itself is old, in great need of repair.
'A new village hall has been talked about for years.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
Anyone who wants to book a stall for Monday's craft fair at the village hall can call Mrs Smith on 01502 732068 or 07974546296.