Fundraising events will boost Somerleyton Village Hall
- Credit: Archant © 2007
A fundraiser has organised a craft fair to boost funds for the village hall in her community.
Deirde Smith has organised the craft fair at Somerleyton Village Hall on Monday, May 29 between 10am and 3pm.
So far there are 15 stalls that have been booked in at the event, which is the second of three fundraising events she has set up in aid of the hall.
A previous table top sale raised £200 for the hall and the third event will be an art exhibition at the village hall on July 8 between 11am and 3pm. It is the same day as the village school fete.
Mrs Smith decided to fundraise again this year after an art exhibition at the hall last year raised funds for the RSPCA and Dogs Abroad.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'The hall itself is old, in great need of repair.
'A new village hall has been talked about for years.'
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
Anyone who wants to book a stall for Monday's craft fair at the village hall can call Mrs Smith on 01502 732068 or 07974546296.