Fundraising book sale for Griston church, near Watton, continues to be a success
- Credit: Archant
A book sale which started as a way to raise money for a church continues to be a success.
In the autumn of 2015, an idea was suggested to hold a book sale to raise funds for new heaters at St Peter and St Paul's Church in Griston, near Watton.
Two years and six sales on, the fundraising has reached £3,200 and the Griston Bookworm book sales have become 'almost an institution'.
Each sale hundreds of books, fiction and non-fiction, are on offer costing no more than £1. There are also refreshments and a cake stall.
The event, organised by the Parochial Church Council, has also taken up themes - with a larger children's section in July to coincide with the start of the new school term.
You may also want to watch:
With proceeds from the sales and existing reserves, it is hoped the new heating will be installed just before Christmas.
Next year's book sales will take place on March 17, July 14 and September 22.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler