Collection helps to boost appeal as toddler battles rare cancer
- Credit: Archant
Family and friends have praised the community spirit after funds were raised for a brave toddler.
After being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, and given less than 40pc chance of survival, Jaymen Woolston faces a gruelling chemotherapy programme.
The one-year-old faces a lengthy stay at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge after a tumor was found on his stomach, which was later confirmed to be neuroblastoma.
With a Gofundme page set up by a family friend to encourage people to #PrayForJaymen and fund a dream trip to Disneyland, as well as cover the costs of daily trips between Lowestoft and Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge for parents Jordan and Louise Woolston, a street collection was held in Lowestoft town centre on Saturday, February 2.
Organised by James Raven, who is a cousin of Jaymen's dad Jordan, Spiderman and a Minion character made appearances as the fundraising event was hailed a success.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Raven said: 'Thank you so much to all my kind volunteers for offering their time to stand in the cold and help me raise a big total of £685.36 for #PrayForJaymen.'
With more than £5,000 raised on the Gofundme page, you can donate via www.gofundme.com/8zecn-pray-for-jaymen
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft