Farm family fun day to raise money in memory of Norfolk dad of two
- Credit: Archant
A charity open day will be raising money for a mental health charity in memory of a father.
Leaf Open Farm Sunday, in Fundenhall, will be raising money for the mental health charity in tribute to Simon Taylor, from Attleborough, who died after mental health difficulties in March 2018.
Carrie Burridge, one of the event organisers said: "Simon leaves behind two daughters, Caitlin 13 and Poppy 9, both have been immensely strong whilst facing such a heart-breaking time in any child's life."
The farm event gives families the chance to watch cows be milked meet calves, cuddle a lamb and see vintage cars and tractors.
David Webb who works with Simon's father has volunteered to shave his beard, he said that £1,000 is raised from the shave then he will also shave his head bald.
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on June 9, 2019, at Manor Farm between 11am and 4.30pm costing £5 per car.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies