Fund-raising evening full of entertainment to be held at The Flying Dutchman in Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
A night of fun, entertainment and games is to be held in aid of a good cause.
Players from the Flying Dutchman FC are to host the fund-raising evening in support of their teammate and friend 22-year-old Aaron Wright, from Beccles, following his diagnosis in October 2016 with a rare form of cancer.
The event is being organised by - George Brooks, Tom Greenhill, Sam Grimmer, Ashley Varley, Ryan Clarke, Andrew Mason and Billy Greenhill – and will be held at The Flying Dutchman in Oulton Broad on Saturday March 18 from 7pm.
George Brooks, 23, from Wrentham, said: ' 'Azza', as we call him, has never ever let it get on top of him, he's the friendliest, happiest, most genuine bloke you could meet and he's always got a smile on his face and has time for a chat with anyone.
'The event is being held to raise money towards supporting Azza in his fight against cancer.
You may also want to watch:
'We as a team felt that, as he has contributed so much to us as a teammate and friend over the last four or five years, we would do our best to be there for him and pull together our pool of resources to help put on an event that we hope will raise around £2000 for him as part of his treatment isn't funded.'
He added: 'In typical Azza fashion, he wants this to be more about the event and everyone having a good time.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
'Special thanks to the Flying Dutchman for allowing us the venue and also to everyone who has given up their time, their resources and their donations towards everything.'
Attendees to the event can expect to enjoy live music from The Someones, games, casino tables, a barbeque as well as an auction and raffle featuring top prizes including signed Norwich City FC and Ipswich FC football shirts and footballs.
All funds raised will go towards supporting Aaron Wright in his battle against cancer and funding the targeted chemotherapy he is to receive.
For more information visit: www.facebook.com/events/1258854690871012/
Do you have a Lowestoft story?
Email email@example.com or call 01502 525 820.