Fun run at Whitlingham in aid of Norcas
Clients, staff, families and friends braved the blustery weather to run 5k in aid of an addiction charity this morning.
The fun run at Whitlingham Country Park was organised by Norcas as a fundraiser to support its work with people struggling with addiction and their families.
This can include addiction to alcohol, drugs, gambling and even computer gaming.
Among those taking part was Melanie Wallis, from Wessex Steet, Norwich, who is in recovery from being addicted to alcohol and has been helped by Norcas.
The 38-year-old, who was accompanied by her friends Maggie and Cathy who are also in recovery, said: 'We are running to raise money for Norcas funds because I'm recovering and have been in recovery for a year.
You may also want to watch:
'I want to support and give something back for the help that Norcas has given me over the last year.'
Norcas community fundraiser Donna Hunt said she was really pleased with the turnout of 22 runners, which was more than last year's event attracted.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
She said: 'We have got Norcas week again later this year, but we wanted to continue to do other events throughout the year too.
'This went so well last time that we thought we would do it again.
'The money raised will be funding our work in Norfolk such as counselling services and support groups.'
Norcas can be contacted on 0808 208 1701 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org