Fun gets underway in Chapelfield Gardens
Families were already flocking to Norwich's Chapelfield Gardens this morning to enjoy the funfair and attractions.
The Lord Mayor's Celebrations in the city centre park kicked off at 11am this morning, with a host of rides, games, stalls and food on offer.
Live music will also be in the park from 1pm.
The BBC Norfolk Introducing local band showcase kicks off at 1pm with Twisted Piglet, followed by Coll and Interim Records at 1.45pm, We Can't Dance at 2.30pm, Bearsuit at 3.20pm and Cakes and Ale at 4.05pm.
Then from 5pm to 6pm Belleruche will take the stage with their 'handmade hip-hop blues soul'.
You may also want to watch:
Kasai Masai will be performing the traditional sound of the most remote villages of Africa, with an urban twist, from 6.30pm to 7.30pm.
The main act of the night, Magic of Take That, will be from 8pm to 10pm, as the Robbie Williams and Take That tribute show on tour performs witha cast of choreographed singers, special effects and lighting design.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church
For Damien Najderek, who had taken his children Adam, two, and Evie, six months, to a fathers' group at the nearby children's centre in Vauxhall Street, the bustling atmosphere and attractions came as a nice surprise.
The 33-year-old, who lives in the city centre, said: 'I didn't know this would be happening but I think we will probably come back this afternoon with my wife and also see the parade.'