Fun for all the family at Sheringham carnival beach party
- Credit: Archant
There was sunshine, showers and fun for all the family, at Sheringham carnival beach party, held below the east promenade on Saturday.
Highlights included games, music, magic tricks and a tide fight, as well as a make-your-own sea monster competition attracting weird and wonderful entries created from materials ranging from sequins, socks and seaweed, to pipe cleaners, pine cones and plastic bottles.
Carnival committee member Kim Glover, who helped organise the event, said unpredictable tides – and rain - had meant the beach sports had not gone to plan.
But, she added, the tide fight had been a big success, with the event overall enjoying a good turnout.
'It has been brilliant,' Mrs Glover said. 'I think everyone had great fun and although the tide beat us as it came in earlier than expected, it went very well and we had lots of really lovely entries for the design a sea monster competition.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk