Fun for all the family at Sheringham carnival beach party
- Credit: Archant
There was sunshine, showers and fun for all the family, at Sheringham carnival beach party, held below the east promenade on Saturday.
Highlights included games, music, magic tricks and a tide fight, as well as a make-your-own sea monster competition attracting weird and wonderful entries created from materials ranging from sequins, socks and seaweed, to pipe cleaners, pine cones and plastic bottles.
Carnival committee member Kim Glover, who helped organise the event, said unpredictable tides – and rain - had meant the beach sports had not gone to plan.
But, she added, the tide fight had been a big success, with the event overall enjoying a good turnout.
'It has been brilliant,' Mrs Glover said. 'I think everyone had great fun and although the tide beat us as it came in earlier than expected, it went very well and we had lots of really lovely entries for the design a sea monster competition.'
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 6 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 7 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast