Fun day at Norwich park raises funds to help children in need in Asia
- Credit: supplied by Care For Children
Families enjoyed a day of fun at an event at a city park raising money to help children in need in Asia.
The family fun day at Heigham Park last Saturday was organised by Norwich-based charity Care For Children to celebrate the launch of the organisation's Vietnam Project.
The event saw more than 400 people head to the city park to enjoy a range of family-friendly activities that included face-painting, a bouncy castle, football, crafts, cake decorating and games.
Care For Children partners with governments in Asia to help orphaned and abandoned children move out of institutions and into loving, local families. So far, the charity's work has helped more than 300,000 children across China and Thailand.
A new project is due to start in Vietnam this summer.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more information about the work of Care For Children's and how you can help, visit the charity's website at www.careforchildren.com
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police