Fun day at Norwich park raises funds to help children in need in Asia
- Credit: supplied by Care For Children
Families enjoyed a day of fun at an event at a city park raising money to help children in need in Asia.
The family fun day at Heigham Park last Saturday was organised by Norwich-based charity Care For Children to celebrate the launch of the organisation's Vietnam Project.
The event saw more than 400 people head to the city park to enjoy a range of family-friendly activities that included face-painting, a bouncy castle, football, crafts, cake decorating and games.
Care For Children partners with governments in Asia to help orphaned and abandoned children move out of institutions and into loving, local families. So far, the charity's work has helped more than 300,000 children across China and Thailand.
A new project is due to start in Vietnam this summer.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more information about the work of Care For Children's and how you can help, visit the charity's website at www.careforchildren.com
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 5 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 6 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 7 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 8 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 9 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region