From yarnbombing to bucking broncos - Norwich gets in the Red Nose Day spirit
- Credit: Archant
It's finally here – and we want to know what you are doing this Red Nose Day.
Fundraising activity started early this morning, when cyclist Stuart Pinnock set off on a 17-hour sponsored ride outside the shop where works.
The 35-year-old's dawn to dusk challenge followed the opening hours of the One Stop Shop on Constitution Hill, beginning at 6am and continuing until 11pm.
Staff at Sainsbury's at Longwater have been showing their usual support for Red Nose Day, hosting a bucking bronco for customers, a Malteser chopstick challenge and encouraging staff to dress up, with one of the managers leading the way in a furry red costume.
Store manager Mike Green said: 'It's something we always look forward to because the company supports it, and that gives us licence to have a bit of fun with it too. The bucking bronco this is year is a bit out of the box for us.'
You may also want to watch:
In Norwich, yarnbombers targeted trees around City Hall and adorned them with some furry red fruit overnight.
A cryptic note attached to one tree suggested a group known as the Pom Pom Bombers were responsible, and included the message: 'We've thought about Comic Relief – have you?'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
At Norwich Fashion Week, models surprised guests at the Vanilla catwalk show by donning red noses for their finale.
From sponsored stand-up to marathon football matches, head-shaving to bake sales, you have already shown your determination and creativity to raise money for those less fortunate.
You can send us your full reports and pictures by emailing email@example.com or commenting below this story.
Alternatively, you can post your pictures and videos on our content-sharing iWitness24 site at www.iwitness24.co.uk