From The Carlton Hotel to centre stage: Lingwood brothers through to X Factor bootcamp
- Credit: Dymond / Thames / Syco for ITV.
A pair of brothers from Lingwood have made it through to the next round of ITV's The X Factor.
Alex, and Leon Mallett, aka ITG (In The Genetics) performed a cover of Ed Sheeran's Don't in front of judges Simon Cowell, Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger on Saturday night's episode (September 23).
The duo currently work at The Carlton Hotel in Great Yarmouth. Their mother and grandmother also sing at the hotel.
Their audition was met with a mixed response from the judges.
Louis Walsh said: 'I didn't really love the song, it didn't really show off your voices and I think singing in the hotel you've fallen into bad habits.'
You may also want to watch:
Simon Cowell added: 'Obviously you're brothers and there's that connection, I just don't think you know where you should be going.'
When it came time to vote, Louis, Sharon and Nicole gave the boys a yes, saying they had potential, while Simon remained unconvinced and said no.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Speaking of the experience Alex, 18, said: 'We're really excited, we decided to do this as a long shot, we never thought we'd even make it in front of the judges, let alone get through to bootcamp, it's crazy!'
'It's weird, we've been watching the show at home for years, then all of a sudden we were those people standing in front of the judges - they didn't seem real,' added Leon, 22.
The brothers said they were feeling 'very prepared' for the next round of the show, which will see the acts cut down ahead of the brutal six chair challenge.
The X Factor is on ITV, Saturday and Sunday at 8pm
• What did you think of ITG's X Factor audition? Let us know in the comments below.