From New York to Norwich Puppet Theatre - with no strings attached!
- Credit: Richard Jarmy
From New York to Norwich Puppet Theatre with no strings attached - comedy musical The Producers is heading to the city venue later this month.
A 22-strong cast of actors, singers and dancers will take to the stage in the production based on the classic movie starring Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel about a New York producer and his accountant singing and dancing their way through the greatest showbiz scam that ever was.
Ahead of opening night on April 26, the team behind the show - Planet Theatre Productions - have been having lots of fun in and out of rehearsals.
They have taken the show's troupe of dancing grannies out onto the streets of Norwich and have also created a quirky video challenging people to guess who is one of the stage production's stars hidden among members of the public singing famous songs from the musical by Mel Brooks.
Director and producer Peter Beck said: 'This show is an absolute dream to be working on. It's a non-stop farce packed with hysterical gags.
You may also want to watch:
'We've had to pause rehearsals so many times because we've all been laughing so much, such is the brilliance of Mel Brooks' script.
'The show pokes fun at the sometimes-madcap world of theatre and the desperation of those that work in it when they're up against it.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
'There is a huge following for this musical, it's a guaranteed night-out of fun and laughter.'
The well-known Hollywood, Broadway and West End hit follows the exploits of New York producer Max Bialystock and his timid accountant Leo Bloom. Max, plagued by his former success and scrabbling to stay afloat, experiences a change in fortune when his accountant Leo Bloom discovers there is more money to be made in a theatrical flop. The duo form an unlikely union with the goal of creating the world's worst musical, and the plot develops as the duo enlist the help of ridiculous and farcical characters along the way.
Planet Theatre Productions presents The Producers at Norwich Puppet Theatre from April 26 to 29 at 7.30pm each night with a 2.30pm matinee on the Saturday. Tickets £12 (£10 concessions).
To book, call the box office on 01603 629921 or visit www.puppettheatre.co.uk
For more about Planet Theatre Productions, visit www.planettheatreproductions.co.uk