From moustaches to marathons! Chris takes on latest fundraising challenge
- Credit: Archant
He is well known for sporting a striking moustache, but now Chris Wall is set to take on an even hairier test.
Mr Wall is preparing for the ultimate running challenge - the London Marathon on April 23.
The former North Walsham High School pupil will be aiming to raise £2,600 - £100 for each mile of the marathon - for mens' health charity Movember Foundation. It is a cause close to his heart after watching his best friend successfully go through cancer treatment. Mr Wall, 28, also lost a close friend to depression in 2015.
He has raised more than £10,000 for the foundation with friends and family over the past eight years and sports a moustache throughout November for the Grow a Mo campaign.
A teacher at Eaton Hall Specialist Academy in Norwich, Mr Wall also organises fundraising events at the school.
Dad Michael has taken part in marathons and triathlons and mum Carol is a swimming teacher and fitness coach.
'Dad did three or four marathons when he was younger and my ambition was to complete one before I was 30,' said Mr Wall.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
'I only found out last week that I had got a place, but work as a lifeguard, so have to keep my fitness up for that. I am hoping to put in a good performance and finish in about four hours.'
To sponsor Mr Wall visit his donation page www.mobro.co.uk/chriswall2620/