Friends pay tribute to Norfolk man Nick Rogers who died following Wymondham Morrisons assault
- Credit: Archant
'Shocking and sad' are just some of the words used to describe the death of a man in Wymondham.
On Tuesday evening, a man in his 20s, named locally as Nick Rogers, died following an assault at Morrisons on Norwich Road.
Floral tributes were left outside the shop, and messages of remembrance have flooded in on social media.
Former Wymondham High School pupil, Ollie Luke Stubbs, said: 'Got Nick Rogers on my mind 24/7, miss you pal, still can't believe you were taken from us.'
Similarly, Ram Dunne from Norwich, posted: 'Literally lost for words... Things like this shouldn't be happening in a small town, we should be looking out for one another. Hopefully this can be a wake up call to everyone else, R.I.P. Nick Rogers, we've had our ups and downs but had plenty of goof times over the years and this is a shock to the system, what a waste, big love bruvva.'
You may also want to watch:
Emma Galter called the incident 'shocking and sad', while Evangeline Hallett, who works near Morrisons, added she thought it was 'sickening and heartbreaking'.
A murder inquiry is underway and five people have been arrested.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Anyone with information regarding the incident are asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.