Friends of ‘beautiful, smart, caring’ Norwich girl fundraising for her funeral
- Credit: Anthony Hall
The friends of a 'beautiful, smart, caring' woman from Norwich who died days after moving to Manchester to start a new life are fundraising to bring her home to be laid to rest beside her parents.
Tamara Croswell, 26, and Emma Bettles, 25, who grew up in their teenage years with Emma Berry, 26, in Norwich, want to give their friend a proper send-off by raising the money necessary to fund her funeral costs on GoFundMe.
Ms Berry, died suddenly and unexpectedly in her sleep during the night of Tuesday 8-Wednesday 9 May having only moved in with her fiance Anthony Hall, 31, in Manchester the Friday before.
Although she was suffering from bipolar disorder and taking medication for the condition, her death is currently unexplained and her body is still in Manchester while a coroner's report is conducted.
With Ms Berry having lost her father in 2011 and mother in 2016, there are few living relatives able to afford the cost of holding her funeral in her hometown of Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Croswell said: 'Emma faced many traumatic experiences, health battles and hardships. She had finally found happiness and started a new life with her fiance, and then she was taken from us.
'To be laid to rest with her mother and father was always her wish, and to make her wish come true we are relying on the generosity of both friends and members of the public.'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
Ms Croswell and Ms Bettles said they both knew Ms Berry when they lived down the road from her at Primrose Crescent Children's Home in Norwich from the age of about 12.
Ms Bettles had actually been in contact with Ms Berry and had arranged to meet up with her old friend when she received the news of her death.
Ms Berry then lived with Ms Croswell when they were 18, before meeting Mr Hall online in February 2016. The two hit it off straight away, and were engaged in July 2017 within two months of meeting each other in person.
Mr Hall said: 'She was kind, hysterically funny and we had similar interests - so we hit it off straight away. I was going to start gardening when we got to Manchester and she was going to be a carer.'
The GoFundMe campaign has so far raised £635 and those looking to donate can do so at gofundme.com/emma039s-funeral