Friendly pheasant caught on camera in Strumpshaw
This friendly pheasant brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'captured on camera.'
Richard Saxton, from Huxley Road, Lakenham, posted this brilliant picture and others on our new content sharing site iwitness24.
He snapped the inquisitive pheasant, who has the nickname George, perched on top of his camera while he was out at Strumpshaw on Wednesday.
Mr Saxton, 64, said: 'Pheasants normally run the other way, but this particular pheasant always runs up to you. It is quite a regular sight and it has been nicknamed George.
'I fed the pheasant some seed and it jumped up on my tripod. It was so funny I thought I would put the photos on the website.'
Mr Saxton, who has four children and six grandchildren, is a keen bird photographer and likes to visit the RSPB site at Strumpshaw about once a week.
'It is a lovely site there. The robins are so friendly there too – they just come and land on your hand,' he said.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 7 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 8 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 9 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 10 Fire at farm near Taverham being treated as arson
Share your news, photos and videos with us. Since the launch of our new iWitness24 site, we have seen many quirky images sent in by our readers. The rest of the pictures – and videos – are available on the website iwitness24.co.uk. iWitness allows you to tell us exactly what is happening in your area, be it a police raid, fire, an award ceremony or just something you want to share.
You can send us your contributions straight from your smartphone from the scene and share your iWitness accounts with the rest of our readers.Visit iwitness24.co.uk or download our smartphone app.