Friendly pheasant caught on camera in Strumpshaw
This friendly pheasant brings a whole new meaning to the phrase 'captured on camera.'
Richard Saxton, from Huxley Road, Lakenham, posted this brilliant picture and others on our new content sharing site iwitness24.
He snapped the inquisitive pheasant, who has the nickname George, perched on top of his camera while he was out at Strumpshaw on Wednesday.
Mr Saxton, 64, said: 'Pheasants normally run the other way, but this particular pheasant always runs up to you. It is quite a regular sight and it has been nicknamed George.
'I fed the pheasant some seed and it jumped up on my tripod. It was so funny I thought I would put the photos on the website.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Saxton, who has four children and six grandchildren, is a keen bird photographer and likes to visit the RSPB site at Strumpshaw about once a week.
'It is a lovely site there. The robins are so friendly there too – they just come and land on your hand,' he said.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
Share your news, photos and videos with us. Since the launch of our new iWitness24 site, we have seen many quirky images sent in by our readers. The rest of the pictures – and videos – are available on the website iwitness24.co.uk. iWitness allows you to tell us exactly what is happening in your area, be it a police raid, fire, an award ceremony or just something you want to share.
You can send us your contributions straight from your smartphone from the scene and share your iWitness accounts with the rest of our readers.Visit iwitness24.co.uk or download our smartphone app.