Fresh appeal following a spate of thefts from cars in Worlingham
Police are renewing appeals for information following a spate of thefts from vehicles in Worlingham
An appeal was issued on Monday, August 1, after a black wallet, containing cash and cards, and an MP3 player were stolen after someone gained entry to a black Ford car parked at Janet Hadenham Close between 8pm on Sunday, July 31 and 7.45am on Monday.
At that stage police were linking the theft with another that happened at Park Drive where a satellite navigation system was taken from a Honda car overnight the same night.
Officers are now also linking several other incidents including the theft of property from a caravan at Hornbeam Close and the theft of a trailer from a driveway at Park Drive both overnight Sunday into Monday.
Two men, believed to be in their mid to late teens, wearing hooded tops, were seen with the trailer at Lowestoft Road in Worlingham but they made off leaving the trailer behind. This was later recovered and found to contain the vast majority of the property stolen from the caravan at Hornbeam Close.
You may also want to watch:
Police are urging motorists to remember to lock their vehicles and remove all valuables.
Anyone who was in Worlingham overnight Sunday, July 31 to Monday, August 1 who saw anything suspicious, or anyone with information about the thieves, is asked to call PC 1097 Winchester on 01986 835300.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays