French youngsters enjoy trip to Great Yarmouth as part of twinning scheme
- Credit: Archant
A group of French children have enjoyed spending a few days in Great Yarmouth as part of a twinning scheme.
The youngsters from Yarmouth's twin town of Rambouillet in France enjoyed visiting the seafront, buying souvenirs in Regent Road, taking part in activities at the Jump warehouse and visiting Pleasurewood Hills in Lowestoft.
They also visited Great Yarmouth High School, where they took part in English language and cookery lessons, and the Time and Tide Museum.
They were supervised by Hélène Therrode, a member of the Rambouillet Twinning committee, and her colleague Sophie Chenailler.
Most of the youngsters were hosted by families whose children are members of Dusmagrik Young People's Theatre Company.
You may also want to watch:
The youngest of the group was hosted by Rev Jemma Sander-Heys, whose daughter welcomed the opportunity of practising her French with her new friend.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban