Masons make another donation to SERV Norfolk Blood Bikes after annual appeal
- Credit: John Lewis
A life-saving service which delivers blood to people in their hour of need has been given a boost by the Freemasons.
The Service by Emergency Response Volunteers (SERV) Norfolk Blood Bikes, carries blood donations across the county by both car and motorbike, and in November was able to purchase a new car with a grant from Masons.
Now, the Great Yarmouth lodges have raised donation of almost £14,000 to the service, allowing for the purchase of replacement motorbikes.
The money was raised as part of a campaign launched by Provincial Grand Master Stephen Allen, whose annual appeal was to provide at least two bikes to SERV Norfolk.
The same campaign saw the volunteers able to purchase a brand new Ford Focus in November.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Masons said: 'Norfolk Freemasons have got whole-heartedly behind the appeal, and in addition to providing funds, several members have also joined SERV as riders, drivers and controllers.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council