Free training session to help drivers navigate NDR roundabouts
- Credit: Archant
An awareness session to help drivers navigate the Norwich Northern Distributor Road (NDR) takes place in Thorpe ST Andrew next week.
Driving instructor Martin Wright has organised the free event following reports of regular accidents and near-misses on the dual carriageway.
The NDR, now known as Broadland Northway, opened to traffic earlier this year.
But Norfolk County Council has already had to look at ways to improve its roundabouts following complaints from motorists.
Mr Wright, 49, who owns WrightLearn Driving Instruction, said: 'The roundabouts are quite different in design to what people might be used to.
'So some people might need a bit of education or help on how to use them safely.'
You may also want to watch:
He said a lack of attention, speed and failure to plan ahead were likely to be behind many accidents and near-misses.
The NDR safety awareness session takes place at the Town Hall in Fitzmaurice Park, Pound Lane, Thorpe St Andrew on Monday, November 19.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
The sessions, which will advise people on how to navigate the road's roundabouts, are on from 5pm to 6.30pm.
To attend, people need to book in advance by calling 01603 701048 or email email@example.com by the end of today (November 16).