Free swimming taster sessions for youngsters in Diss
- Credit: Getty Images
Youngsters will be able to get free swimming taster sessions in Diss.
South Norfolk Council are offering the lessons at Swim School Ducklings in the Diss Leisure Centre.
The half-hour taster sessions for babies and children aged three months to five years are being held every Thursday from December 7, to January 25, between 12pm and 1.30pm.
Councillor Yvonne Bendle, cabinet member for Leisure said: 'Swimming is not only a skill that may one day save your life, it's also a great way to exercise while having fun.
'It's really important that we get children swimming and feeling confident in the water as early as possible and Swim School Ducklings is the perfect way to take the first splash.'
You may also want to watch:
Classes are held in the learner pool with an experienced teacher and parents as support.
Spaces can be booked by calling Diss Leisure Centre on 01379 652754.
More information at www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/swim-school
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace