Free parking boost for Lowestoft
Shoppers and retailers in Lowestoft are being given an early Christmas present from tomorrow with the launch of a new free parking scheme designed to boost trade in the town.
The free parking incentive offers refunds for the first hour of parking to people using the Battery Green and the Britten Centre car parks.
At the Britten Centre car park, two parking tickets are issued, which enables shoppers to hand over one of their tickets to claim their refund – and the other ticket stays with the car.
People using the Battery Green car park only need to present their ticket to a participating retailer in the free parking scheme to claim their refund.
Participating ships will also display a free parking logo in their windows and parking ticket refunds must be claimed on the day the ticket was issued.
You may also want to watch:
To gain a refund shoppers must spend at least �10 in participating shops and stores.
The free parking drive will last for at least six months and has been launched by the Lowestoft Town Centre Management Partnership (LTMP), with the support of Waveney District Council, Waveney Norse and retailers.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
Deputy leader of Waveney District Council, Stephen Ardley, welcomed the scheme.
He said: 'We are heavily behind this scheme and fully support it, with the main incentive to encourage people to shop locally and come to the town.
'It is all about the regeneration of Lowestoft, as we work together with LTMP and retailers for the good of the town.'