Free car parking returns to Cromer, Sheringham, North Walsham, Holt, Stalham, Wells and Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
Parking charges are to be scrapped in council-run car parks across north Norfolk in the lead up to Christmas.
North Norfolk District Council has confirmed the return of the free parking weekends in Cromer, Sheringham, North Walsham, Holt, Stalham, Wells and Fakenham in December.
It is hoped the scheme will drive more motorists to shop local this Christmas.
Councillor Tom FitzPatrick, Leader of North Norfolk District Council, said: 'Encouraging more people into the high street is vital and these free Christmas car parking weekends are designed to do just that and make shopping less stressful by shopping locally.
'By providing the free car parking sessions my hope is that we help to attract more shoppers into our town centres and support our local economy by using our excellent local shops.'
You may also want to watch:
The dates were agreed following consultation with the town councils as follows: Cromer - Saturdays, December 3 and 10. Sheringham – Saturday and Sunday, December 17 and 18. North Walsham - Saturday, November 26, and Saturday, December 24. Holt – Sundays, December 11 and 18. Stalham – Saturday and Sunday, December 10 and 11. Wells – Saturday and Sunday, December 3 and 4. And Fakenham - Saturday and Sunday, December 3 and 4.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash