Person taken to hospital with serious injuries after four-vehicle crash
- Credit: Archant
One person has been taken to hospital with serious injuries following a four-vehicle collision.
Police were called at around 6am on Monday (June 8) morning after a crash on the A134 near Whittington Hill, between Mundford and Downham Market, involving a van, Mercedes and two Vauxhall Astras.
Three ambulances, two ambulance officer vehicles and an East Anglian Air Ambulace were sent to the scene and assessed five people.
One person with serious injuries was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge via road ambulance, while three patients were taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn for further treatment.
Road closures were in place at the Whittington roundabout adjoining Bridge Road and Methwold Road, the Northwold crossroads and the Brandon Road crossroads.
You may also want to watch:
The A134 was closed for around nine hours between Northwold and Whittington, before finally reopening just after 3pm.
For the latest travel information, check the EDP’s live traffic map.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 3 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 4 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 5 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 8 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 9 'Forgotten' pub to go under hammer after fails to sell
- 10 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk