Three taken to hospital after ‘carbon monoxide’ leak at restaurant in Brundall
PUBLISHED: 15:53 19 December 2018 | UPDATED: 09:06 20 December 2018
Copyright: Archant 2018
Three people have been taken to hospital following reports of carbon monoxide inhalation at a restaurant in Brundall.
Emergency services, including police, three ambulances and fire crews, were called to the Masala Cottage, in The Street, Brundall at around 11am this morning.
A spokesperson for the East Anglian Ambulance Service said they were called to the restaurant at around 10.57am following reports of a patient feeling unwell after a gas leak in The Street.
Three ambulances and an ambulance officer were sent to the scene, from where three men where taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police confirmed they also attended the scene, assisting the fire service which led the operation and sent appliances from Carrow, Sprowston and Earlham to the property.
By mid-afternoon, the fire and ambulance services had left the scene although police remained positioned outside the front and the rear of the restaurant, waiting for the Health and Safety Executive to arrive and preventing anyone from entering the building.
All of the windows to the property had been left open.
A spokesperson from Broadland Council said members of the authority’s Environmental Services department were at the scene and would be liaising with Environmental Services.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.