‘Punches thrown’ as four Norfolk Police officers are assaulted on Christmas Eve duty
- Credit: Archant
Four police officers were assaulted in Norfolk on Christmas Eve as celebrations got out of hand over the evening.
The officers were punched and head-butted, suffering a range of injuries as they carried out their duties in the county.
Andy Symonds, chairman of the Norfolk Police Federation lamented the assaults, which saw officers suffer bruises and cuts as a result of the attacks.
He Tweeted: 'Not even on Christmas Eve can we get away from assaults on officers. Four [were] assaulted last night.
'Punches thrown, head-butts to chest, cut lip, bruise to head, sore nose after being punched.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'Right across Norfolk officers are at work keeping people safe while others enjoy Chrismas with their families.
'Policing is 24/7, officers give a lot to the job, sometimes to the detriment of their personal lives. Spare a thought today for our amazing officers.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation