Four arrests and two vehicles seized at unlicensed music event in Horning
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
Four people have been arrested at an unlicensed music event in Horning.
Police were called to an area of St Benets Abbey at 8am today following reports of loud music.
Around 60 to 70 people were said to be at the location, along with 30 vehicles.
Officers made four arrests, seized two vehicles, and took away all music and sound equipment.
Insp Jerry Wright, from the contact and control room, said: 'The event has been monitored during the day and positive action has been taken.
You may also want to watch:
'These types of events cause disruption to the local community, negatively impact on the environment and also affect local land owners.
'People who choose to attend these type of events also expose themselves to risk due to the type of locations where these events take place and also because those in attendance can be affected by alcohol or drugs.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
'The police action taken by us today is typical of the robust approach that those people involved in planning and organising these events can expect from Norfolk police.'