Four arrested after Bowthorpe stabbing
Four people were arrested and awaiting questioning by police last night after a man was stabbed on a Norwich estate.The 21-year-old victim, who has not been named, was in a serious but stable condition at the time of going to press after suffering a puncture wound to the stomach.
Four people were arrested and awaiting questioning by police last night after a man was stabbed on a Norwich estate.
The 21-year-old victim, who has not been named, was in a serious but stable condition at the time of going to press after suffering a puncture wound to the stomach.
The incident unfurled at 3.20pm near a convenience store close to the village hall and Sure Start centre, off Humbleyard in Bowthorpe.
It is understood that a group of people were stood outside the shop and had got in to an argument just before the assault took place.
An ambulance was called and the man remained conscious and breathing throughout the journey to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Police sealed off the pedestrianised area, which is over-looked by flats and includes shops covered by metal shutters, for several hours while they carried out their initial investigations.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
Officers said last night that they had arrested three males and one female following a search of the area but did not disclose their ages or release any further details.
The four were being held at Norwich, Yarmouth and North Walsham police stations to await interview.
Anyone who witnessed a disturbance in the area of the shops or has any information about the incident is asked to contact Det Insp Nick Day at Bethel Street Police Station, Norwich, on 0845 456 4567.