Forncett Village Hall’s hope for new floor as they join Community Chest campaign
- Credit: Archant
Village groups have been applying in their numbers for a slice of the EDP's Community Chest funds and Forncett Village Hall near Long Stratton is one of them.
Trustees of the hall will be hoping they will be chosen to receive a cash sum of between £250 and £2,500, which they will put towards a new floor.
Groups including a yoga and a playgroup use the hall regularly, but the surface of the floor is coming off and leaving dust.
Jackie Bowers, a trustee at the hall, said: 'It is vitally important to get it done for the playgroup.
'It is a well used hall which is important for the community of Forncett and the surrounding areas. It takes a lot of upkeep because it is old.'
Money is raised monthly by trustees for the hall, which has recently had windows and the roof repaired.
Another south Norfolk organisation which has launched its interest in the Community Chest is the Pennoyer Centre in Pulham St Mary.
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 6 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Shock as Ukrainian solidarity flags daubed with Nazi swastikas
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 Councillors quit Conservative group over multi-million-pound building move
The community and heritage venue, which opened in 2010, would like to purchase equipment which would benefit the community groups which use the centre, including bingo and film clubs.
The EDP, in association with the Norfolk Community Foundation, will be giving away £100,000 throughout 2016.
The first beneficiaries of the community chest campaign will be announced this month.
In January there will be £15,000 on offer and 60 local organisations could get £250 apiece.
To put yourself in line for a cash boost, all you need to do is collect tokens printed daily on the back page of the EDP.
For more information, rules and an entry form visit http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/community-chest
If you want to share your story, email email@example.com