Former Virgin music store in Norwich to get another new lease of life
The vacant store at the Back of the Inns entrance to The Mall Norwich is to be given another new lease of life when toy shop Hawkin's Bazaar move premises.
The popular Suffolk retailer already has a shop in The Mall Norwich, next to the Post Office near the mall's elevators, but will be closing that store and moving to the ground floor of the former Virgin Megastore.
Hawkin's Bazaar hope to open at the beginning of October and will also sell Letterbox products at the store.
London retailer, Notting Hill, a ladies fashion store, had been occupying the bottom floor of the former Zavvi shop since last November, but closed again recently.
The big store had previously been empty since February 2009, and was used as a temporary Royal British Legion poppy shop for a while, but was once a busy Virgin Megastore full of CDs and other music merchandise.
You may also want to watch:
There are also plans to move a retailer into the top floor of the three-floored store soon.
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 5 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 6 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak