Former Suffolk police officer charged following undercover operation.
A former Suffolk police officer has been charged with various offences following an undercover operation.
Former Lowestoft constable Christopher Clark was today (Monday, July 18) charged with one count of misconduct in a public office and three counts of being in possession of prohibited ammunition.
The ex-officer was arrested on February 10 this year following a 14-month internal undercover operation. He is now due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday, July 20.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said a 45-year-old unemployed man from Denmark Road in Lowestoft was questioned by detectives before being subsequently charged.
He was then released on police bail prior to his court appearance.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Clark resigned from the force after his arrest in February.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen