Why is Jordan Rhodes back in Norwich?
- Credit: STEPHEN GRIMBLE
Youngsters were treated to a surprise visit from a top footballer.
Jordan Rhodes, former Norwich City loan striker, had an hour-long kick about with 20 children and teenagers at the Costessey Youth Posse (CYP) at the Costessey Centre, Longwater Lane.
The footballer, who plays for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, heard about the youth club from a parent of one of the young members.
CYP youth worker Kerry Johnson, 43, from Hellesdon, said: "It was a bit of a surprise. It was raise the young people's aspirations and make them think they could do anything in life. It was a morale boost.
"The young people don't usually get visitors like that. It was great."
You may also want to watch:
She added the club members were very excited by the session in which they got to chat with and learn tips from the sportsman.
To get involved in the club call Costessey Town Council on 01603 742958.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man