Former Norwich City star Darren Eadie has royal day out at Buckingham Palace
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
As a professional footballer he used to head to London to play Crystal Palace, but as the founder of a successful fund-raising charity, Darren Eadie's latest trip to the capital was a royal invitation to Buckingham Palace.
Prince Charles invited the former Canaries winger to attend a garden party which was held to mark the 40th anniversary of the Princes Trust.
Mr Eadie was asked to attend because of his work as founder of the celebrity auction site Sellebrity, which has helped raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for charities, including youth charity The Princes Trust.
The former Norwich City star, who also played for current Premier League champions Leicester, was forced to retire at the age of 28 due to a knee injury.
On returning to Norfolk he set up the auction site and encouraged fellow footballers and celebrities to donate items to go under the hammer online, with the money raised going to good causes.
You may also want to watch:
Since then, Sellebrity has expanded to run events and high profile celebrity football matches, including the hugely popular Jamie's Games at Carrow Road.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 6 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC