Former Norwich City manager Ken Brown and boxer Jackson Williams cut ribbon on �50,000 revamp of Thorpe Butchers
Former Norwich City manager Ken Brown and boxer Jackson Williams have leant their support to the re-opening of a Thorpe St Andrew business.
Thorpe Butchers, in Yarmouth Road, held a celebration event on Thursday to mark its re-opening after �50,000 worth of refurbishment work was completed.
The building has been a butchers for more than 90 years so the work was much-needed.
A hot dog barbecue and champagne were on offer for customers who wanted to celebrate with owner of 28 years, Andy King.
After closing for 10 weeks for the work to be completed Andy was pleased to be back in action, particularly as it was just in time for a busy weekend of selling barbecue meats because of the hot weather.
You may also want to watch:
Andy, 55, said: 'The shop was in need of the work, the floor was all bad and the equipment had to go, so it was a big thing really.
'I was really pleased with the celebration, we got through 250 hot dogs so it was popular with customers coming back, and then we've had three really busy days.'
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old