Former members of 1960s Laurence, Scott and Electromotors Sunday league football team wanted for reunion
- Credit: Archant
Former members of a factory football team from the 1960s are invited to a reunion in Norwich this month.
William 'Billy' Fowell is hoping to regroup the Laurence, Scott and Electromotors Sunday league squad he once played for.
He said the team, known as LSE Sunday FC, was made up of apprentices who worked at the company's factories in Norwich.
The world-famous firm had workshops dotted around the city and once employed more than 3,000 people.
Mr Fowell, 76, of Thorpe St Andrew, is now hoping to organise a reunion at the end of this month for all of the former players.
You may also want to watch:
'We've had two reunions so far, and the last was eight years ago,' he said.
'There is one of us who lives in America who is coming over to visit and asked if we can have a get together.'
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
Mr Fowell said he joined the company aged 15 in 1955 and worked at its Thorpe Road factory.
He played as a centre half for its Sunday league team, which he said went unbeaten in the Norfolk and District League in 1964.
A date for the reunion is yet to be fixed, but he hopes to have it at Sprowston Manor Golf Club.
• To get in touch with Mr Fowell, call 01603 433547