Former Home Secretary Charles Clarke taking part in university discussion about British values
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Former Norwich MP and Home Secretary Charles Clarke will discuss British values and religion at a free university debate.
The University of East Anglia (UEA) roundtable discussion entitled Exploring religion in Britain today: what are 'British values'? is happening at the Thomas Paine Study Centre on Thursday, March 16, at 6.30pm.
Mr Clarke will be joined by a panel of local faith leaders and academics for the evening discussion in the UEA lecture theatre.
The other panel members will include Rabbi Roderick Young and the Rt Rev Graham James, Bishop of Norwich.
Anyone can attend the talk but people who are unable to be there in person can watch it online through the UEA's website.
It will be live streamed on www.uea.ac.uk/events/whats-on/event-recordings.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event call 01603 592130 or email email@example.com
The UEA hosts a variety of public events covering various talks.
Visit www.uea.ac.uk/events for more details.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk