Former Hethersett Old Hall School student Catherine Lovick aims for career in sportswear design after top marks at university
- Credit: Archant
A Little Melton woman is looking forward to a bright future as a fashion designer after graduating with a first-class degree.
Catherine Lovick, 22, is hoping for a career in sportswear or swim wear design now that she has finished her Bachelor of Arts honours degree in contour fashion at De Montfort University in Leicester.
Ms Lovick, who attended Hethersett Old Hall School, said: 'When I left Hethersett in 2013, I wasn't sure what to do next so I took a gap year and worked as a lifeguard at Riverside in Norwich for a while.'
Ms Lovick said HOHS's textiles teacher Jo Ling told her about the contour fashion course - one of only two in the country specialising in underwear, swim wear and night wear and corsets.
She said: 'It appealed to me. I looked at lots of others but kept coming back to this one, and am so glad I did. It's given me amazing opportunities, including an internship at bridal designers Caroline Castiligiano.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge