Former Hethersett Old Hall School student Catherine Lovick aims for career in sportswear design after top marks at university
- Credit: Archant
A Little Melton woman is looking forward to a bright future as a fashion designer after graduating with a first-class degree.
Catherine Lovick, 22, is hoping for a career in sportswear or swim wear design now that she has finished her Bachelor of Arts honours degree in contour fashion at De Montfort University in Leicester.
Ms Lovick, who attended Hethersett Old Hall School, said: 'When I left Hethersett in 2013, I wasn't sure what to do next so I took a gap year and worked as a lifeguard at Riverside in Norwich for a while.'
Ms Lovick said HOHS's textiles teacher Jo Ling told her about the contour fashion course - one of only two in the country specialising in underwear, swim wear and night wear and corsets.
She said: 'It appealed to me. I looked at lots of others but kept coming back to this one, and am so glad I did. It's given me amazing opportunities, including an internship at bridal designers Caroline Castiligiano.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water