Former Great Yarmouth basketball team PCC Gunners to hold reunion night
- Credit: James Long
It will be a nostalgic occasion fit for champions at the Marina Leisure Centre on Friday, as a former basketball club celebrates its past.
The event will see alumni of PCC Gunners coming together to toast past glories, which saw it win numerous Norfolk Basketball League championships in the 1990s and 2000s.
The club, which played its home games at the Drill Hall, folded in 2013, after the venue closed to local sports teams.
The reunion will also see former Gunners coach Jim West visiting Great Yarmouth Basketball Club - the team that formed after the folding of PCC Gunners - for the first time.
James Long, Great Yarmouth Basketball Club chairman said: 'For many local players in their mid-20's and 30's basketball in Great Yarmouth evokes two memories – The Drill Hall and Jim West.
You may also want to watch:
'Many of our own players had their first introduction to the game under Jim's supervision, and his encouragement to young players is very much the foundation upon which the current club is built.
'We're really pleased to have the opportunity to invite ex-players to our Reunion Night to share their memories with Jim, meet the current club members, and perhaps participate in a few 'slower paced' games.'
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
The reunion takes place between 8pm and 10pm at the Marina Leisure Centre. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org