Former Great Yarmouth basketball team PCC Gunners to hold reunion night
- Credit: James Long
It will be a nostalgic occasion fit for champions at the Marina Leisure Centre on Friday, as a former basketball club celebrates its past.
The event will see alumni of PCC Gunners coming together to toast past glories, which saw it win numerous Norfolk Basketball League championships in the 1990s and 2000s.
The club, which played its home games at the Drill Hall, folded in 2013, after the venue closed to local sports teams.
The reunion will also see former Gunners coach Jim West visiting Great Yarmouth Basketball Club - the team that formed after the folding of PCC Gunners - for the first time.
James Long, Great Yarmouth Basketball Club chairman said: 'For many local players in their mid-20's and 30's basketball in Great Yarmouth evokes two memories – The Drill Hall and Jim West.
You may also want to watch:
'Many of our own players had their first introduction to the game under Jim's supervision, and his encouragement to young players is very much the foundation upon which the current club is built.
'We're really pleased to have the opportunity to invite ex-players to our Reunion Night to share their memories with Jim, meet the current club members, and perhaps participate in a few 'slower paced' games.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
The reunion takes place between 8pm and 10pm at the Marina Leisure Centre. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org