Former firefighter is third Norfolk man to reveal role in latest Star Wars film
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
After two local stormtroopers unmasked themselves, a third Norfolk man has revealed himself to have played a part in the latest Star Wars film, albeit in a slightly different role.
David Frost, a 63-year-old actor who lives in Hethersett, spent 15 hours filming on set at Pinewood Studios, near London, in the extra role of Politician Number Five.
Mr Frost, who goes by the stage name of David Norfolk, spent almost 30 years working for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, most recently as assistant divisional officer. However, since retiring in February 2008, he has forged himself a career in acting and extra work.
'I got a massive buzz from being on set and an even bigger buzz when I spotted myself on the big screen,' said Mr Frost, who attended a midnight screening of the film.
'It was a very intricate process, The film makers spent a lot of time on my costume and taking photographs of me from so many different angles for motion capture.'
Ironically, considering his firefighting background, his Force Awakens character was unable to do anything about a fiery situation. However, he has often drawn on his experiences in the fire and rescue service in his acting work.
'There are lots of parallels between acting and my previous job,' he said. 'When I used to arrive on scene I would be needed to inspire and lead people, which often involved putting on a front in a high pressure situation.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 7 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 8 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 9 Soldier from Norwich jailed over rape of girl
- 10 From pot washer to head chef: 17-year-old's remarkable rise to the top
'I would also be required to interact with the media, something I always enjoyed doing, which is partly what convinced me to pursue my new career.'
This new career has led to Mr Frost featuring in more than 50 different film features, including James Bond film Skyfall, X-Men: First Class and Jack The Giant Slayer, large parts of which was filmed in Norwich.
He added: 'When I started acting there were a number of things I was desperate to do. I wanted to do Bond, and I've done that, but my biggest ambition of all was to be in a Star Wars film.
'Now that I have done that, I couldn't be happier.'