Former EastEnders star will be in King’s Lynn pantomime Aladdin
Todd Carty will be on Norfolk stage after Letitia Dean and John Altman both had panto success
Former EastEnders star Todd Carty will be the third member of the soap's cast to come to King's Lynn for the annual pantomime.
He follows 'bad boy' John Altman, and Letitia Dean, who have both taken to the stage for pantomime performances.
Todd is set to join the cast of this year's pantomime, Aladdin where he has the role of the evil Abanazaar.
His first major TV role was playing the lead of Tucker in BBC TV's Grange Hill, however he is best known for his role as Mark Fowler in the BBC's flagship EastEnders.
You may also want to watch:
He has since played the role of PC Gabriel Kent in ITV's The Bill and is currently starring as Patsy in the UK tour of the stage show Spamalot.
Corn Exchange General Manager, Les Miller said: 'We are thrilled to have Todd Carty in the Lynn pantomime this Christmas. As well as being a household name, loved by millions for his TV roles, he is an experienced theatre professional and will be a star attraction at the Corn Exchange as the wicked Abanazaar.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 5 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 6 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 7 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 8 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 9 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
'We had a tremendous reception for last year's panto, with record attendances. Now that we have secured such a high profile and talented performer as Todd Carty to lead our top flight cast we are looking forward to a truly exciting Christmas and a great panto.'
Lynn High Street shop Cook to Perfection is sponsoring of Aladdin.
The pantomime runs from Friday, December 7 to Monday, December 31. Tickets are available on 01553 764864 or online and prices start at �15.50 with group discount available.