Former Blue Peter presenter Simon Thomas set to talk about his life and faith at Norwich church
A Cromer-born former Blue Peter presenter will visit a Norwich church in April to talk about his life, career and faith.
Simon Thomas, who grew up in Grimston near King's Lynn as the vicar's son, will speak at the Norwich Soul Church on Sunday, April 2, at 5pm.
Jon Norman, Pastor of Soul Church, said: 'He's a good role model as he handles himself very well and is happily married.
'He's overcome challenges in his youth and come out the other side with a successful career.
'He will talk about the challenges of balancing family time with his hectic work schedule, and what being Christian means to him and how it applies to his everyday life.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thomas, who now lives in Reading, was a Blue Peter presenter from 1999-2005, and worked alongside presenters Matt Baker, Konnie Huq, and Liz Barker.
A lifelong Norwich City Fan, Mr Thomas has presented on Sky Sports since 2005, and from 2010 was the lead presenter of live Football League coverage.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
The event is free and located at 4 Mason Road, Norwich, NR6 6RF.