Former Australian prime minister to give talk in north Norfolk
- Credit: Wells Maltings
A former Australian prime minister is set to give a talk in north Norfolk as part of a UK tour.
Tony Abbott was prime minister of Australia from 2013 to 2015 and managed to get the first ever trade deal between China and a G20 country.
Mr Abbott will speak at Wells Maltings on Saturday, July 24 with the event focussing around his knowledge of China rising to global power.
The event has been organised by Sir Tim Lankester, who is a Wells Maltings trustee.
Sir Tim said: “Tony Abbott’s lecture offers us a rare opportunity to hear the views of someone who has both deep knowledge and high-level practical experience of China and its relations with its near and far neighbours. It should be a fascinating evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Wells Maltings Director Simon Daykin said: "We are very honoured to be hosting such a high-level event here in Wells.
"Dr Handa and his team have done a great deal for our venue and we hope to continue working with them for a long time.”
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success