Former Attleborough High pupil joins cast of BBC One hospital drama Holby City
- Credit: Archant
A former pupil at Attleborough High School has landed his big break after becoming the latest doctor to join the team at Holby City hospital.
Nic Jackman, 25, stars as Cameron Dunne, who is the son of Bernie Wolfe, played by Jemma Redgrave, and he's just finished medical school.
On Tuesday's episode he arrived at Holby City's A&E on his first rotation as a foundation doctor having first appeared as Cameron in a one-off episode on August 4 after being involved in a car crash.
He said: 'I'd describe Cameron as intelligent, sensitive and a little cheeky.
'The team at Holby are incredibly welcoming and supportive and I feel lucky to work with such talented and hardworking individuals.'
Nic, who grew up in Norfolk, studied for Norwich Theatre Royal arts courses whilst at school.
After auditioning for drama school he was offered a place at LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art) at 18.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Pensioner jailed for five years for child sex assaults
- 6 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 7 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes
- 10 Hospital reports 10 deaths of people with Covid in two days
He trained at the prestigious school for three years and started working professionally after graduating.
His previous acting work includes: 'Roots' at the Donmar Warehouse (London), 'Red Velvet' at the Tricycle Theatre (London)/St Ann's Warehouse (New York) and'Eye of a Needle' at the Southwark Playhouse.
Holby City is filmed in Elstree Studios which is home to some of the top shows on telly including EastEnders, Strictly Come Dancing and Pointless.
He added: 'BBC Elstree is full of history! You walk along the corridors and see photos of the wonderful range of television shot there and feel part of something quite special.'
You can catch Nic on Holby City on Tuesdays at 8pm.