Fire crews tackle blaze in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out to a large fire in Thetford Forest at Santon Downham, near Brandon.
The incident, which started shortly before 3.45pm on Monday, involved an area of forest near the A134.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the area affected measured 1,200sqm.
Fire crews from Thetford, Watton and Attleborough attended the scene as well as a water carrier from Fakenham, support unit from Thetford and the fire service drone.
The crews left the scene at 7.01pm.
You may also want to watch:
Monday was the hottest day of the year so far with temperatures peaking at 33.3C (91.9F) in Santon Downham.
The Forestry Commission has said the forest is currently on an extreme fire danger warning. Visitors are being asked to respect the forest to keep it safe.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 4 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 8 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
Disposable barbecues are not permitted in the forest and cigarettes should be put out and disposed of properly and safely.