Fire crews tackle blaze in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out to a large fire in Thetford Forest at Santon Downham, near Brandon.
The incident, which started shortly before 3.45pm on Monday, involved an area of forest near the A134.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the area affected measured 1,200sqm.
Fire crews from Thetford, Watton and Attleborough attended the scene as well as a water carrier from Fakenham, support unit from Thetford and the fire service drone.
The crews left the scene at 7.01pm.
You may also want to watch:
Monday was the hottest day of the year so far with temperatures peaking at 33.3C (91.9F) in Santon Downham.
The Forestry Commission has said the forest is currently on an extreme fire danger warning. Visitors are being asked to respect the forest to keep it safe.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 5 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 6 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 7 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
Disposable barbecues are not permitted in the forest and cigarettes should be put out and disposed of properly and safely.