Forecasters issue yellow warning for snow in East Anglia
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
The region could be set for snow towards the end of the week, with forecasters warning of Arctic air and winds moving south.
By Thursday showers will become increasingly wintry, and Friday is set to see snow showers to the north of Scotland, Northern Ireland, the North York Moors, and maybe even Norfolk, according to the Met Office.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for snow for the East of England from 10am-9pm on Thursday January 12 and 12.05am-11.55pm on Friday January 13.
A yellow warning advises people to be aware of possible adverse weather condtions.
As the week progresses parts of the South East will also start to see wintry showers.
Steven Keates, from the Met Office, said: 'On Thursday the showers spread further south and east, putting most places at risk of showers.
'It is going to turn much chillier, particularly through Thursday and Friday. Some areas could see snow, and some pretty significant snow.'
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 6 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 7 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 8 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 9 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 10 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
He added: 'Most places are at risk. By Thursday and/or Friday, I think most places will stand risk of seeing something a bit wintry – sleet or snow.
'Next weekend we could be into minus double figures overnight.'
Forecasts predict Norfolk could see highs up to 10 Celsius tomorrow (Monday) with mostly dry conditions, while temperatures are expected to fall down to 7 Celsius by Wednesday.